Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Plastic, Paper and Pennies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Okay, so I've got those pictures for the various steps here:

1. Place your strips in the coffee.

Photobucket

2. Place pennies on the ends of the strips to keep them at the bottom.  After a couple hours, flip the strips over.

Photobucket

3. I didn't get a picture of my tearing the actual seals, so here's just a random strip of paper.  After your strips are dry (either by letting them sit out or by hair dryer), make tiny little tears along the edges.

Photobucket

4. Rip up the bottom of the seal.

Photobucket

5. Crumple into a ball.  Roll it around in your hands.  Get it good and wrinkled.  You're done when all the stiffness is lost from the strip.  It'll seem to have an almost cloth-like feel to it.

Photobucket

6. And you're done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm currently working on making the wax seal portion.  As I said, I'll post that as soon as I'm done with it.

****

Regarding the plastic that I'm attempting to use, I'm starting to have some doubts.  It's too bubbly and inconsistent at the moment.  Anyway, I'm going to try and give it a little more time to prove that it's actually useful, but in the meantime I'm coming up with some alternate courses of action.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I'm loving the effect of your work. I fell in love... In The Emperor and Space Marines. So I want to make a Purity Seal, but I need help. Can you please tell me how did you make such cool looking text on your seals? Where did you get it and what font did you use? If you were so nice, and you'd want to give me aid, plese contact me on my email: krzysiekjanski@wp.pl

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete